This is one of the most well-known, and most frequently requested, orthodontic systems. It utilizes custom-made, clear plastic aligners to apply gentle pressure to teeth. There are no brackets or wires, so the aligners are barely perceivable on your teeth. There are no dietary restrictions, and no hassles, because Invisalign is removed during meals and for hygiene.
What is Invisalign®?
- Invisalign® is clear.You can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing.
- Invisalign® is removable. Unlike braces, you can eat and drink what you want during treatment. You can also brush and floss normally to maintain good oral hygiene.
- Invisalign® is comfortable. No metal brackets or wires to cause mouth irritation, and less time in the dentist’s chair getting adjustments.
- The Invisalign® process has been proven effective in clinical research and in orthodontic practices nationwide.
How Does Invisalign® Work?
- A set of clear aligners are worn for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position the dentist has prescribed.
- You will visit us approximately once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time averages 11 months with the average number of clear Invisalign aligners worn during treatment between 18 and 30. This of course will vary from case to case.
The aligners are made through a combination of our dentists’ expertise and 3-D computer imaging technology provided by the Invisalign® company.