Zoom Teeth Whitening
Teeth whitening is a chemical process used to lighten the color of your teeth. Teeth whitening is not a permanent procedure and may need to be touched up once a year or more often if you smoke or drink coffee, tea, red wine, etc. Sterling Family Dentistry offers professional teeth whitening to help residents of North Delta / Surrey and surrounding areas reclaim their pearly whites.
Philips ZOOM! is the most requested teeth whitening brand and with perfect reason. An in-office treatment can improve the color of your teeth by as much as eight shades. The procedure takes less than an hour with instant results! This is a great solution when you have a reunion, wedding, job interview, or other important event coming up, and you can’t wait for your brightest smile.
The entire procedure is comfortable and convenient. First, your gums are covered to prevent any contact with the bleaching gel. Next, the gel is carefully applied to the teeth and exposed to an activation light for 15 minutes. The gel is removed, then reapplied, and the process is completed twice more for a total of three 15-minute sessions. After, you can leave with a brilliant smile!
Take-Home Teeth Whitening Kits from Your Dentist
Philips Zoom DayWhite and Philips Zoom NiteWhite offer the power of ZOOM! This treatment is delivered more gradually in the comfort of your own home. Thanks to custom-made trays and professional-strength whitening gel, these systems can achieve the same great results as in-office treatment but with daily sessions at your convenience. If you have extremely sensitive teeth, your dentist may recommend this method because it is milder than in-office treatment.
We take precise impressions to create customized whitening trays because a snug fit is crucial for preventing leaks. You will be supplied with the trays, whitener, and complete instructions.
Oral Hygiene Habits
Once you have used up the whitening agent, try the following methods to prevent future stains and discoloration:
- Avoid coffee, tea, red wine, soda, and juice. If you must drink one of these substances, use a straw and don’t swish the liquid around in your mouth.
- Brush your teeth three times a day. Brushing your teeth will help you clean out your mouth and prevent plaque. If you drink an adequate amount of water (64 ounces every day) and avoid any of the beverages mentioned above, brushing twice a day is sufficient.
- Floss between your teeth two times a day. Flossing will break up plaque and prevent tartar from forming. Only dental professionals can remove tartar.
- Use fluoride. Choose toothpaste and mouthwashes that have fluoride. Fluoride products will protect your enamel and prevent tooth decay.
- Avoid cigarettes and other tobacco-based products. Smoking leads to tooth discoloration and decay. Try to eliminate tobacco-based products from your life.