We will be resuming dental care as of Thursday, May 20th, 2020. Rest assured that our office is up to date on current guidelines set by the Provincial Health Officer, College of Dental Surgeons of B.C. and WorkSafeBC. As we are preparing for reopening of the practice on May 20th, we have been diligently working on making our office even safer for our patients and staff.
When you come in you will notice lots of changes but one thing that has stayed constant is our commitment to your dental health, safety and overall well being while maintaining the highest standard of care. In the initial days, when we open we will be starting with taking care of the most urgent dental treatments. Our office will be contacting you to schedule your appointments.
We are excited to share some of the measures we are working on:
1. We have installed multiple Air Purifier units with True HEPA filters with plasma wave technology which captures 99.97% of airborne pollutants; dust mites, pet dander, pollen and other allergens as small as 0.3 Microns.
2. We are equipping our staff with upgraded personal protection equipment (PPE) following the guidelines set by the Provincial Health Officer, College of Dental Surgeons of B.C. and WorkSafeBC.
3. We have installed additional hand sanitizer stations throughout the office for patients and staff.
4. “Sneeze Guards” are being installed at the check-in and check-out desks.
5. All patients will be screened for raised body temperature before entering the clinical area, including our own doctors and employees.
6. We are implementing enhanced cleaning and disinfecting procedures for the entire office.
7. All visitors will be required to wear a mask at all times.
8. Our office procedures will be changing so that we will be seeing less patients per day and there will be fewer patients in our spacious waiting area at any given time to maintain the social distancing guidelines recommended.
9. Between each patient visit, the entire treatment room will be sanitized and disinfected as before.
10. We would encourage only patients coming for their scheduled appointments and only one guardian to accompany the child who has a scheduled appointment, no other visitors can be allowed to accompany the patient.
11. For the time being, changes unfortunately include eliminating toys, books, playing arcade games, beverage in the waiting area, during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We will continue to maintain the highest standard of care and keep following all guidelines and look for all ways to make your visit safer and comfortable.
Thank you for your continued support and we value your trust. We look forward to seeing everyone soon. Please stay safe and healthy!